[amibroker] Re: Help with AFL Formula Please!

Thanks Anthony,

I did what you did, then added the rest of my code after yours and it
works fine.

Thanks again!

Jim

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Anthony Faragasso" <ajf1111@xxxx>
wrote:
> Jim,
>
> I added this to the bottom of the formula you posted...and ran an
explore in AA:

> Buy=LinRegSlope(C,60) > 0 AND C >= sdl AND C <= sdl*1.10 ;
>
> Sell=0;
>
> //Buy=ExRem(Buy,Sell);
>
> Filter=Buy > 0;
>
> AddColumn(C,"");

Channels ");
>   >   //  Linear Regression Line with 2 Standard Deviation Channels
>   Plotted
>   >   Above and Below
>   >   //  Written by Patrick Hargus, with critical hints from
Marcin
>   >   Gorzynski, Amibroker.com Technical Support
>   >   //      Designed for use with AB 4.63 beta and above, using
drag
>   and
>   >   drop feature.
>   >   //  Permits plotting a linear regression line of any price
field
>   >   available on the chart for a period determined by the user.
>   >   //     2 Channels, based on a standard deviation each
determined
>   by
>   >   the user, are plotted above and below the linear regression
line.
>   >   //             A look back feature is also provided for
examining
>   >   how the indicator would have appeared on a chart X periods in
the
>   >   past.
>   >
>   >
>   >   P = ParamField("Price field",-1);
>   >   Daysback = Param("Period for Liner Regression
Line",21,1,240,1);
>   >   shift = Param("Look back period",0,0,240,1);
>   >
>   >
>   >   //  =============================== Math Formula
>   >   =============================================================
>   >
>   >   x = Cum(1);
>   >   lastx = LastValue( x ) - shift;
>   >   aa = LastValue( Ref(LinRegIntercept( p, Daysback), -shift) );
>   >   bb = LastValue( Ref(LinRegSlope( p, Daysback ), -shift) );
>   >   y = Aa + bb * ( x - (Lastx - DaysBack +1 ) );
>   >
>   >
>   >   // ==================Plot the Linear Regression Line
>   >   ==========================================================
>   >
>   >
>   >   LRColor = ParamColor("LR Color", colorCycle );
>   >   LRStyle = ParamStyle("LR Style");
>   >
>   >   LRLine =  IIf( x > (lastx - Daysback) AND BarIndex() < Lastx,
y,
>   >   Null );
>   >   Plot( LRLine , "LinReg", LRCOLOR, LRSTYLE ); //  styleDots );
>   >
>   >   // ==========================  Plot 1st SD Channel
>   >
>   >
>   >   SDP = Param("Standard Deviation", 1.5, 0, 6, 0.1);
>   >   SD = SDP/2;
>   >
>   >   width = LastValue( Ref(SD*StDev(p, Daysback),-shift) );   //
THIS
>   IS
>   >   WHERE THE WIDTH OF THE CHANELS IS SET
>   >   SDU = IIf( x > (lastx - Daysback) AND BarIndex() < Lastx,
>   y+width ,
>   >   Null ) ;
>   >   SDL = IIf( x > (lastx - Daysback) AND BarIndex() < Lastx, y-
>   width ,
>   >   Null ) ;
>   >
>   >   SDColor = ParamColor("SD Color", colorCycle );
>   >   SDStyle = ParamStyle("SD Style");
>   >
>   >   Plot( SDU , "Upper Lin Reg", SDColor,SDStyle );
>   >   Plot( SDL , "Lower Lin Reg", SDColor,SDStyle );
>   >
>   >   //  ==========================  Plot 2d SD Channel
>   >
>   >
>   >   SDP2 = Param("2d Standard Deviation", 2.0, 0, 6, 0.1);
>   >   SD2 = SDP2/2;
>   >
>   >   width2 = LastValue( Ref(SD2*StDev(p, Daysback),-
shift) );   //
<jnk1997@xxxx>
Date:
>   >   3/18/2005
>   >   >
>   >   > No virus found in this outgoing message.
>   >   > Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.
>   3/18/2005
>   >
>   >
>   >
>   >
>   >
>   >   Please note that this group is for discussion between users
only.
>   >
>   >   To get support from AmiBroker please send an e-mail directly
>   >   SUPPORT {at} amibroker.com
>   >
>   >   For other support material please check also:
>   >   http://www.amibroker.com/support.html
>   >
>   >
>   >
>   >
>   >         Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
>   >
>   >
>   >
>   >
>   >
>   > ----------------------------------------------------------------
----
>   >
>   >     c.. Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo!
Terms of
>   Service.
>   >
>   >
>   >
>   >
>   > ----------------------------------------------------------------
----
>   > Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.
3/18/2005

>   Please note that this group is for discussion between users only.
>
>   To get support from AmiBroker please send an e-mail directly to
>   SUPPORT {at} amibroker.com
>
>   For other support material please check also:
>   http://www.amibroker.com/support.html
>

>         Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

Service.