[amibroker] Re: Esignal EOD db update?

Thanks for the info.. I agree that there are other sources for EOD
data..but figured since I had a quote source why not attempt to use
it..... So far I've run through 8000 symbols 3 times and luckily they
haven't locked out my account.. ;) ... I do have the professional
edition and did mark wait for backfill.. its going through all the
symbols and I do see in the eSignal plugin that it retreives all
quotes for all teh symbols.. the problem I'm running into is that
AmiBroker does not seem to be caching all that locally...after a
while, AmiBroker on the bottom will say 0 quotes retreived whereas the
plugin will say 2000 quotes retreived for the same symbol.. that is,
it'll cycle through all 8000.. I'll see the eSignal plugin say it
retreived 'x' quotes for each and every symbol..but in AmiBroker when
you pull up the chart a number of symbols do not have quotes.

NOTE - I also tried this - I had another EOD database that was updated
to 3/15/05. I then tried a scan via eSignal to just update 3/16/05
data and from that I had the same issue.. the eSignal plugin will say
it retreived 1 quote for each and every symbol.. but there were quite
a number of symbols that were not updated... However, if I cycle
through the symbol list one by one with the eSignal plugin enabled, it
will update the quotes on those symbols..guess I could write a screen
macro to just sit there and pass the down arrow key 8000 times :) ..
but figured with the SCAN/EXPLORE in AA, it should have cached those
symbols via the eSignal scan...

> Hello,
>
> In short you have to use Professional Edition and mark "Wait for
backfill" checkbox in AA window.
> ("wait for backfill" is available in Pro edition only)
>
> But I need to comment a bit on this: frankly speaking eSignal is not
intended to be used as EOD data source for 8000 symbols.
> They monitor subscriber activity and will lock your account if they
notice that you are
> switching 8000 symbols (on say 100-symbol  account).
> Even assuming that they will not lock account, downloading history
for 8000 symbols would be very slow.

> eSignal is designed to be used as real-time streaming platform that
delivers tick-by-tick, intraday quotes for
> few hundreds of symbols.
>
> There are data sources specialized in EOD data such as QP2 and
TC2000 that can update