Re: [amibroker] Re: Backtest settings

Change your Param() statements to Optimize() statements and run Optimize instead of Backtest. It finds all the best combos for you and records the values in the AA window. You can view a 3d graph too.

Terry

JD Fagan wrote:
--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Barry Scarborough" <razzbarry@xxxx>
wrote:

When I am running back test I change parameters a number of times
trying to find a good combination. But it is easy to forget which
parameters went with a specific Report. It would be very helpful if
the parameters were exposed on one of the report windows. But I
cannot figure out how to code that. Is it possible to set the param
values either in the Settings tab or Formula tab of the Report? If
so, how do we code it in AFL?

Thanks,
Barry

Good point, its currently impossible to tell which "params" one used
on a given report (i.e., values picked from Param before running
backtest).

The report does show some of the "settings" that were used which can
be specified via code or GUI.  But the report doesn't tell us at all
which param values were used.

I'd send a wish list request to AmiBroker about this issue.

Regards,

JD

click here

Yahoo! Groups Links