[amibroker] Re: How to plot a "shape" at a specific date - Param problem

Lesmond,

You might try using ParamStr to the code you and Graham put
together, change date in Param window and click outside the window
to apply.  Seem to work for me.  I find the code interesting and may
be useful for moving plotshapes around.  I wonder if any other
shapes will become available such as alpha's i.e.a,b,c,d,x,y or
maybe a programable label that could be placed anywhere of interest
on price graph.

Art F

Title = Name() + " \\c25" + Interval(format=2) + " " + Date() +
"\\c-1 O=" + O + " H=" + H + " L=" + L + " C=" + C;
Plot( Close, "", colorBlack, 64 );
GraphXSpace = 4;

Date_ = ParamStr("Date dd-mm-yyyy","08-03-2005"); /* dd-mm-yyyy */

dd_ = StrToNum(StrLeft (Date_,2) );
mm_ = StrToNum(StrMid (Date_,3,2));
yy_ = StrToNum(StrRight(Date_,4) );

Date_Num = (10000 * (yy_ - 1900)) + (100 * mm_) + dd_;

PlotShapes(shapeDownArrow * (DateNum()==Date_Num), colorRed, 0, H,
-12);

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Lesmond V" <ebsn247@xxxx> wrote:

> Here is the code. It works ok but there is one problem:
>
> when you go to "parameters" window and change the date the arrows
> will disappear from the screen. To make them visible again you have
> to open the formula in the editor and click on "apply indicator"
> button. Any solution to this, anyone?
>
> BTW, if you hit the "reset" button in the parameters window it will
> put the arrows on the screen at the default date as specified in
the
> formula (2005-03-07).
>

> Title = Name() + "  " + Interval(format=2) + "  " + Date();
> Plot( Close, "", 42, 64 );
> GraphXSpace = 4;
>
> Date_Num = ParamDate( "Date", "2005-03-07", 0);
>
> PlotShapes(shapeDownArrow * (DateNum()==Date_Num), colorRed, 0, H,
> -15);
> PlotShapes(shapeUpArrow *   (DateNum()==Date_Num),
colorBrightGreen,