[amibroker] Re: Correlation Matrix - code help .... GOT IT!

Paul,

I thought I posted this to the forum.  Her'es what I posted:

Here you go - great code!  You'll need to adjust the "from" and "to"
under dates to get it to work.

While we're on the subject does anyone know what a reasonable
timetable is for correlations to be "statistically significant"?  is
it 3 months, 6 months, a year?  It seems to me like it is all
personal preferance as relationships change.  Reason why I was
looking for this code in the first place is I'm looking for ETFs
that are a good hedge against crude and natural gas prices, mainly a
hedge against energy.  Best candidates are PPH, SWH, IYZ ~ approx -
0.75+ correlations.  I can't say I'm all that excited about using
the software holdr and telecom I-share as a hedge!  Some of the
country specific European ETFs look like better candidates with
correlations in the -0.40 neighborhood

// Exploration to create

//Correlation matrix

// Be sure to set

//"Apply to" to desired wishlist Name

// Also, change the

//watchlist number ("2" in example below) to the correct number

//(zero based).

Buy=Sell=Short=Cover=0;

Filter =

Status("LastBarInTest");

list =

GetCategorySymbols(

categoryWatchlist,

20 );

for(

NumTickers=0; NumTickers < 99 AND StrExtract(

list, NumTickers ) !=

"";

NumTickers++ );

AddTextColumn(Name(),"Ticker",1.0);

for(

Col=0;

Col<NumTickers; Col++)

{

Ticker1 =

Name();

Ticker2 =

StrExtract( list, Col);

Var1 =

Foreign(Ticker1,"C");

Var2 =

Foreign(Ticker2,"C");

Test =

Correlation( Var1, Var2,

8 );

Color =

IIf(Test>0,

colorBrightGreen,

IIf(Test<0,

colorRed,

colorWhite));

Color =

IIf(Ticker1==Ticker2,

1, Color);

AddColumn( Test,

Ticker2, 1.3,

1, Color);

}

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Paul A." <amibroker@xxxx> wrote:

> >    Test =
> >Correlation( Var1, Var2,
> >8 );
>
> It's common to compare the ROC's of the price, often the 1-day
ROC's.   Not