[amibroker] Re: Hedging with PositionScore?

Ed,

FYI, there have been "crashes" on the upside. In stocks, a corporate
announcement such as a takeover, or higher than expected earnings
have caused this to happen. In futures, an example could be a change
in interest rates (see Eurodollar in Oct 1987). Such announcements
can come during market hours as well as outside.

Sam

Long
> positions should not exceed 7 while for Short positions
MaxOpenPositions may
> be chosen freely until the available funds (including margin) are
used up.

>         I guess this can be done with the new backtester interface
as well
> but it seems like an idea to be hardcoded into AFL?
MaxOpenLongPositions and
> MaxOpenShortPositions. Or is there an other way to do this?
>
>         regards, Ed

Long and
> Short signals at the same time, i.e. i am usually Long and Short
at the same
> time on different stocks.
>
>           How do i use PositionScore or PositionSize to maintain
equal
> investment in Long and Short positions at all times? The idea is
to create
> some system immunity against overall market movements.
>
>           many thanks for any idea you may have,
>           herman.
>

>           Check AmiBroker web page at:
>           http://www.amibroker.com/
>
>           Check group FAQ at:
>

>           Check AmiBroker web page at:
>           http://www.amibroker.com/
>
>           Check group FAQ at:
>

>       Check AmiBroker web page at:
>       http://www.amibroker.com/
>
>       Check group FAQ at:
>

>       Check AmiBroker web page at:
>       http://www.amibroker.com/
>
>       Check group FAQ at:
>

>   Check AmiBroker web page at:
>   http://www.amibroker.com/
>
>   Check group FAQ at:
>

>         Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

>     c.. Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms
of Service.