[amibroker] Automating user contributed AFL Library updates

I've just recently purchased AmiBroker and am in the process of
learning how to use it. One of the things that attracted to the
program is its flexibility and active user community.

In particular, one of the assets I found attractive is the library
of AFL files that have been contributed by users over the years. To
make access to this library easier, I wrote a little script that
downloads all of the files in the AFL Library and installs them in
the AmiBroker/Formulas/AFL Library directory so that I can easily
access them from the "Charts" page of the "Workspace" window. I've
further categorized them into sections like "Indicator", "System",
and so on, based on the original author's classification.

Then, to keep things up-to-date, I automatically run the script
nightly to check for any updates on the AmiBroker web site. Any new
additions are downloaded and installed into the proper categories.
Furthermore, I have a section called "Latest" which shows all AFL
Files added in the last 30 days. And to let myself know that updates
have been made, I send myself an e-mail describing what changes have
been made to the library.

In the process of writing this script, I began to think that this
might be useful to other AmiBroker users besides myself. So I've
modified the script to also build an afl_library.zip file containing
all of the contributed AFL files and upload it to my personal web
site, where anyone can download it. If anyone is interested, the URL
for this is:

http://www.themorrillfamily.com/david/downloads

I've also modified the script so that it can send update e-mails to
a distribution list, so if anyone is interested in these update e-
mails, let me know and I will add you to the distribution list as
well. The e-mail contains a summary of the AFL files that have been
added to the library, as well as the complete text of the added
files. If you want to be added to the list, let me know at
dmorrill_2004 at yahoo dot com. Please mention "AFL Library e-mail"
in the subject line (so that I don't automatically delete it as
spam).

I want to thank everyone who has contributed to the AFL Library
for sharing their scripts and ideas, and I hope my little script
will make the library just a little more useful to others also. In
particular, I'm hoping it will encourage people who post useful
scripts to this mailing list to also take a moment to post them to
the amibroker.com web site also, to facilitate sharing with other
users.

Note that my script does not make any changes to the contributed AFL
files other than to add a comment header which lists all of the
information and descriptive text provided by the file's author when
it was originally added to the AmiBroker AFL Library. This is to
help ensure that the original author and amibroker.com web site
receive proper credit once the file is installed.

Dave Morrill