RE: [amibroker] OT:Technical VS Technofundamental trading

Hi ,
    I think you are a little in err about those figures:

howard bandy <howardbandy@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Greetings –

        I found these statistics on a website called warrenbuffettsecrets: In 47 years, Buffett’s investment company, Berkshire Hathaway has achieved returns of 259,485% versus the S&P 500 returns of 4,783%. The difference in results is an astonishing 254,747%!

In my opinion, there is a more meaningful way to compare the two percentages you describe.

(Without making any judgment about the accuracy of either overall investment gain, but just examining the numbers.)

An 18.2% annual gain, compounded for 47 years, produces the 259485% overall gain of Buffett’s company.  An 8.5% annual gain, compounded for 47 years, produces the 4783% overall gain of the S&P.  The comparison is between 18.2% and 8.5%.

     The 47 th root of 259485 is 1.3037 that means an annual compounded gain of 30.37% and similiar calc with the s&p gives 19.75%.I think quite possible in the realms of amibroker its just the 47 years that bothers me .Thanks for the interest.I think this % come under money management  and do play a role in the final fortune in the long run.

---N!!

Thanks,

Howard