Re: [amibroker] Re: Help with McClellan oscillator and summation

As far as the oscillator goes, are you "feeding" it the AdvIssues and DecIssues or simply the index?
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, February 10, 2005 9:04 PM
Subject: [amibroker] Re: Help with McClellan oscillator and summation

Sorry, I used the code that came with amibroker. But in
experimenting I have found another problem. I get the same numbers
for every issue for every indicator. Even RSI. The charts change,
and the indicators list the new stock symbol. The chart lines
change, but the rsi and mcclellan graphs stay the same. They change
issue names; It says RSI MCD or ^RUT or what have you. But the
indicator lines and numbers stay exactly the same. I'll put in the
code for the oscillator:

Graph0 = Cum( EMA( AdvIssues()-DecIssues(), 19 ) - EMA( AdvIssues()-
DecIssues(), 39 ) );

In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Fred" <ftonetti@xxxx> wrote:

> It's hard to diagnose without seeing your code
>
> --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "dirkleeward" <dirkleeward@xxxx>
> wrote:
> >

> > I am a virgin user and I am obviously doing something wrong. I
have
> > an evaluation copy of Amibroker. I was interested in buying it
> > look at mutal funds and stocks in different ways than I can with
> > fasttrack. I am especially interested in the McClellan
indicators.
> > have successfully added the McClellan indicators to sheet 1 of
the
> > chart, but I notice two problems.
> >
> > 1. on some stocks, and all of the mutual fund data that I import
> > from my fast track data, the indicators are absolutely blank. I
> > assume it is because the data is not compatable with the
indicator.

> > 2. on the ones that do plot, the data is exactly the same for
every
> > issue. i.e. the mcclellan osc and the summation are exactly the
> same
> > for both the dow, the russell and macdonalds.
> >
> > I'm sure it's some bonehead mistake on my part, but I would sure
> > appreciate the help.

Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.