RE: [amibroker] OT: Re: Technical Vs technofundumental trading

Wayne,

The process you mentioned is a good exercise to test your hypothesis. I can only relay from my tests that the fundamentals are not linear in their performance curve meaning the worst will not always be the worst performing. My best guess is part of that is system related and part of that is market related (short covering etc.)

Here is a simulation report of a linear regression system (run dates 04/01/01-2/09/05 ) which is a good proxy for your reversion example. The candidates are selected from a pool of securities that are screened each month for EPS Rank, RS Rank and a few other fundamental factors. Once screened the securities are traded strictly from a technical perspective. The second list is the S&P 500 and you can see the performance drops quite a bit. The good news is that you can increase your probability of success using fundamental factors in your screening so it’s an area I would continue to explore in your research.

The bad news is that in real time trading the system results are not quite that good, but still very respectable versus the risk that is taken. :-)

Sorry for the Wealth-script example Tomasz but I am still working on porting to Amibroker. J

Duke Jones, CMT