[amibroker] OT: Re: Technical Vs technofundumental trading

Fred,

You're probably right, I just haven't seen anyone put forward hard
numbers to support it.  The details of the testing would be a little
tricky.  Off the top of my head, I guess I would create a watchlist
of stocks with top-rated fundamentals and one with bottom-rated
fundamentals.  Then I'd run various types of trading setups with each
watchlist and see if the differences in the results were
statistically significant.

One of the problems, though, is that you would need to test over at
least several years of data, and since fundamentals are constantly
changing, you'd have to adjust for that somehow.

Wayne

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Fred" <ftonetti@xxxx> wrote:

> You're right ... It does SOUND good ... If you have earnings data
for
> a few years I suggest you test your theory of buying good
fundamental
> candidates on dips .vs. buying candidates based on price action
> leading up to the dip, preferably from at least the previous dip.
In
> ten words or less I think you'll find that stocks with better price
> action perform better ... Why ? because not only is everyone aware
of
> the published fundamentals and already factored that into current
> price, but SOME are more aware then that and that is factored into
> price as well.
>
> --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "seneca_kw" <seneca_kw@xxxx>
wrote:

> > To my mind, this is one of the biggest questions in trading.
Does