Re: [amibroker] Re: OT:Definition of a system

Hi Clement,

Tuesday, February 8, 2005, 10:58:06 AM, you wrote:

CC> If you intend to follow all the signals from a trading system, I
CC> think you shall use platform like Tradestations and do program
CC> trading. Then, you can treat it like a cash machine [if it is
CC> proven to have positive expectancy].

CC> For me, I will not follow 100% of the signals.

Nor will I, however I'll be in the very high 90s percentile.  Fred is
right below, but I can come up with a case even for that.  You're
sitting in your office next to a window trading, and you SEE the
capitol blown up.  You are online and you have serious price moving
information before 99.999 percent of the world has it.  You liquidate
(and short, of course) immediately.  You don't wait for any
programmed 'adverse price movement' stop to kick in.  You are gone,
now, and without any question.  As I say, there are exceptions for
just about any rule. Straightjackets are not for traders; they are
for crazy people.  ^_^

Yuki