[amibroker] Re: Question on HighestBars: Clement

Hi William,

That's close to what I did.  I coded it a little different, but I
think I got the same result.

HB40 = Ref ( HHV ( H, 40 ), -1 );
HB252 = Ref ( HHV ( H, 252 ), -1 );
Buy_Requirement6 = IIf ( HB40 < HB252, 1, 0 );

Mind you, I had already tested that todays close was a 52 week high
prior to this.  Your solution is much more elegant.  I was a little
floored by the HighestBars function.  What an easy way to test for all
time highs.

Thanks,

Bret

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, William Peters <william@xxxx> wrote:
> Bret
>
> Did you get there in the end?
> If I've understood your requirement correctly (which is often half
the battle)
> then the following formula should get you there.
>
> HH252Bar = Ref( HHV( High, 252 ), -1 );
> Filter = H > HH252Bar AND Ref( HHV( High, 40 ), -1 ) < HH252Bar;
>
> AddColumn( C, "Close" );
> AddColumn( V, "Vol" );
>

> Regards,
> William Peters (AmiBroker Group Moderator)
> www.amitools.com
>

> Monday, February 7, 2005, 9:08:44 AM, you wrote:
>
> QRSA>  OK, I figured out that won't work.  HighestBars finds the
value of the
> QRSA>  highest bar in the array.  In other words, it would be great for
> QRSA>  finding all time highs.  To do what I was trying to do, you
need to
> QRSA>  find the HHV say over the last 40 days and compare that to
the HHV
> QRSA>  over the last 252 days.  If the 40 day as of yesterday is
less than
> QRSA>  the 252 day as of yesterday, and today is a new 52 week high,
then I
> QRSA>  believe you have made sure that the stock hasn't made a new
52 week
> QRSA>  high in 40 days.  If you wanted to test for a flat base, you
could
> QRSA>  then find the LLV over 40 days and test that it was not less
than the
> QRSA>  HHV over the same period by say 20% or some other threshold.
Thanks