RE: [amibroker] Re: Symbols CSV Loaded in Files Section

Thanks. We are looking forward to... :>

-----Original Message-----
From: elee67 [mailto:elee67@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, February 07, 2005 10:29 AM
To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [amibroker] Re: Symbols CSV Loaded in Files Section

Took a while to get the sectors and industries tackled... used an
excel  macro to actually pull most of it off of Reuter's web site :)...

As for the inactive symbols.. unless you know where to get the
information for sectors and industries on the inactive symbols.. it
would be a bit difficult.

I'll be uploading a symbol translation table in the next few days for
yahoo and msn which should resolve some of the issues when using yahoo
or msn for data.

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "seneca_kw" <seneca_kw@xxxx> wrote:

> Thanks.  I use CSI data, and this is very helpful for their database
> of active symbols.  I'm still trying to figure out how to tackle
> their database that includes inactive symbols.  In this database,
> each symbol has a suffix number attached (because deleted symbols get
> re-used).  I can't think of a way to assign these to markets, etc
> without a massive amount of manual labor.  Any ideas would be welcome.
>
> Wayne
>
> --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "elee67" <elee67@xxxx> wrote:
> >
> > I downloaded the information from CSI Data and massaged the data a
> bit
> > to create this file.
> >
> > Format is a CSV
> > Name,Symbol,Sector Number,Industry Number,Market Number
> >
> > Sector Number is defined in the brokers.sectors file attached in
> the zip
> > Industry number is also defined in the brokers.industry file
> >
> > Market is defined as follows :

> > 1 - NYSE
> > 2 - NASDAQ
> > 3 - AMEX
> >
> > NOTE - If you are using Yahoo to obtain your quotes, you need to
> > prefix the symbols for Indexes with a ^ .. For MSN Quotes, you need
> > $. You'll need to create a symbol translation table. I will upload
> > those at a later point in time.

Check group FAQ at: