Re: [amibroker] Merging/combining databases

Don,

There is probably a much easier way to move the notes over to the new
database. I haven't tried this but it should work, just try one note
first to confirm it works.

There is a notes directory under the main Amibroker directory, simply
copy all the notes to the new database, they are store in individual
files with the same name as the ticker.
This assumes you dont change ticker names.

Regards,
William Peters (AmiBroker Group Moderator)
www.amitools.com

Saturday, February 5, 2005, 10:09:08 AM, you wrote:
WP>    Hi Don,

WP>  1) You can use the following exploration followed by an export of the
WP>  results, just add whatever other fields/details you require to the column list.

WP>  Filter = 1;
WP>  SetOption("NoDefaultColumns", True );
WP>  AddTextColumn( Name(), "<Ticker>" );
WP>  AddTextColumn( FullName(), "<Name>" );
WP>  AddTextColumn( NoteGet(""), "<Note>" );

WP>  Also checkout help file under "Import ASCII" and "Import Wizard" for
WP>  details of field names.

WP>  2) Open new database and use the import wizard to perform a
WP>  "No Quotes" import from the csv file exported in step 1.
WP>  **(You will NOT be able to import the notes in this step)

WP>  Add the following settings to the import wizard:
WP>  Column 1 = Ticker
WP>  Column 2 = Fullname
WP>  Column 3 = Skip
WP>  Column 4 = Skip
WP>  etc
WP>  etc

WP>  Skip first: 4 lines
WP>  No quotation data: Tick

WP>  Then leave all remaining options at default settings and select next. At this
WP>  stage you should have all the data imported except the notes.

WP>  3) Notes - you will need to write some AFL or script to import the
WP>  notes data field. Check out the following AFL function fgets() fopen()

WP>  If this part of the procedure is totally foreign to you and you feel
WP>  completely lost then let me know and I'll write/send you a small script.
WP>  Maybe someone else has already written a script to import notes, but try it
WP>  first.

WP>  Regards,
WP>  William Peters (AmiBroker Group Moderator)
WP>  www.amitools.com

WP>  Friday, February 4, 2005, 11:45:12 PM, you wrote:

 d>>  I apologize if this has been addressed, but I can't find any info on
 d>>  merging separate EOD (Yahoo) databases. Today I combined 3 different
 d>>  symbol lists into 1 by copying (.tls) files into Wordpad -- but all
 d>>  the symbol info (text names, etc.) and notes are lost; you start from
 d>>  scratch again.

 d>>  Is there a way to merge similar databases? If not, it would rank as
 d>>  one of my top "Feature requests."

 d>>     Thanks,  Don