[amibroker] Re: A few question on AmiBroker software (vs SierraChart)

> I am presently using IB broker with Sierra charts with intraday free
> data from IB to Sierra.
> I am planing to switch from Sierra to AmiBroker Professional and
have
> a few questions:
> 1.Time intervals: can I get: 30min, 13min, 2min, 233ticks....
> intervals on candles?

In Sierra you can switch from 59 min bars to 237 tick bars by simply
typing 237t and hitting Enter. In AB it's much more complicated but
yes, you can get any minute or tick interval you want. You can also
have true tick by tick data from Esignal (and not 2 second data like
with Sierra).

> 2.Can I get intraday data from IB which is free and end of the day
data
> from another free source like yahoo at the same time?

YES. AB is compatible with countless data sources and plugins for
both RT and EOD data from completely free to quite pricey data.
Sierra has only MyTrack and IB.

> 3.Can I have Indicators like stochastic with three different sets of
> stochastics one on top of the other within a single indicator space
> with different colors, so that I can see how those three cycles work
> together ?

YES, you can have as many Stoch cycles on top of each other as you
want but you need AB-beta version for that. You can download the beta
once you purchase AB. Or at least I can't figure out how to do it
with the official version (4.60). This beta is set to become the
"official" v4.70 at the end of February.

> 4.Can I have several windows, each with its own symbol, at the same
> time: like 3 time frames for ES futures ,each on separate windows,
> that I can control the size of
> each windows to fit all of them into my monitor?

YES, but it's more complicated than with Sierra. I miss Sierra's
F4-F9 and F7-F8 commands and also the ability to set each chart to
different trading hours.

> 5.Can I have AmiBroker & Sierra charts, both to be connected to IB
for
> intraday feed at the same time or it must be only one of them at the
> time.

Don't know. Hopefully someone else can answer that.

LV