[amibroker] Re: Amibroker & TC2005 - Question to Tomasz

Tomasz,

Thanks.  I employed your fix with no difficulty.  The only strange
thing that happened was that the first time I restarted AmiBroker The
"$" indicators were present.  Since then I have restarted it a couple
of times and they aren't transfered in.  Probably something on Wordens
end.  No sense worrying about it just yet.

Thanks,

Bret

> Hello,
>
> As it turned out these special symbols (starting with $, like $AMAD,
$AMXA, $NSAD)
> were causing problems on when there was only one bar of data collected
> (Worden started collecting it at Jan 28, and I had database updated
to January 28
> - so there was only one bar available) and then indeed SFDev hung.
>
> But as soon as more data are added (after updating quotes upto today)
> these symbols with $ start to function OK.
>
> So, as it seems everything works OK with old plugin and you can just
apply the procedure
> outlined below to work with TC2005. There is no need for new plugin
as old one works
> just fine with TC2005. Instead of the new plugin I will provide for
novice users is just a script or
> small program that will perform steps outlined below in "one click".
>

> 1. Update your TC2005 software to version 5.9.0069 or higher
>  (you can find out TC2005 version in Help->About menu in TC2005)
> and update your database upto today.
>
> 2. Locate TC2005 installation folder
> (by default it is C:\Program Files\TeleChart\ )
>
> 3. Check if TC2000Dev.exe resides in installation folder
>
> 4. Open command line window:
>  (Windows Start menu -> Programs->Accessories -> Command Prompt
>  (or MS-DOS in Win98/95/Me)
>
> 5. In the command line, change the directory to TC2005 installation
>  folder
>
>  CD "C:\Program Files\Telechart"
>
> 6. Type the command
>
>  TC20000DEV.EXE /REGSERVER
>
>  and press ENTER
>
>  7. Run AmiBroker and configure database with TC2000/TCNet plugin
>  (if not already configured)
>  http://www.amibroker.com/video/tc2k.html
>

> Best regards,
> Tomasz Janeczko
> amibroker.com

"special" symbols (those beginning with $
> > (like advancing issues, declining issues)),
> > regular stock symbols seem to work OK.
> >
> > Best regards,
> > Tomasz Janeczko
> > amibroker.com