Re: [amibroker] Re: Amibroker & TC2005 - Question to Tomasz

Hello,

As it turned out these special symbols (starting with $, like $AMAD, $AMXA, $NSAD)
were causing problems on when there was only one bar of data collected
(Worden started collecting it at Jan 28, and I had database updated to January 28
- so there was only one bar available) and then indeed SFDev hung.

But as soon as more data are added (after updating quotes upto today)
these symbols with $ start to function OK.

So, as it seems everything works OK with old plugin and you can just apply the procedure
outlined below to work with TC2005. There is no need for new plugin as old one works
just fine with TC2005. Instead of the new plugin I will provide for novice users is just a script or
small program that will perform steps outlined below in "one click".

1. Update your TC2005 software to version 5.9.0069 or higher
 (you can find out TC2005 version in Help->About menu in TC2005)
and update your database upto today.

2. Locate TC2005 installation folder
(by default it is C:\Program Files\TeleChart\ )

3. Check if TC2000Dev.exe resides in installation folder

4. Open command line window:
 (Windows Start menu -> Programs->Accessories -> Command Prompt
 (or MS-DOS in Win98/95/Me)

5. In the command line, change the directory to TC2005 installation
 folder

 CD "C:\Program Files\Telechart"

6. Type the command

 TC20000DEV.EXE /REGSERVER

 and press ENTER

 7. Run AmiBroker and configure database with TC2000/TCNet plugin
 (if not already configured)
 http://www.amibroker.com/video/tc2k.html

Best regards,
Tomasz Janeczko