[amibroker] Re: New User Quote Download Questions

1) The latest production version is 4.60

2) For Canadian markets try:

http://old.stockwatch.com/

For Cdn$5.30/month you will get daily ASCii files with ALL symbols,
including latest IPOs, warrants, debentures, instalment receipts,
data from CNQ exchange, etc. And they also have all US stock data at
no extra cost.

You can run their ASCii files through a spreadsheet program and
convert symbols to a format of RT datafeed that you expect to use in
the future. MyTrack and Esignal are OK, QCharts is so so (QC support
for instance, has been at a loss about symbol format for Canadian
warrants; the format presented on their website doesn't work).

CanadaStockwatch data seems quite clean, and anything is better than
Yahoo. CSI has excellent quality US eod data but I'm not sure about
Canadian contents, knowing the widespread American assumption that
stocks below $5 are "penny stocks" and should be avoided (they don't
know what they are missing!).

AB has excellent ASCii import utility. It also allows importing an
alias for each symbol so you can get your database ready to work with
two US RT feeds. I deliberately tested the download on my spare old
Pentium 133 with dial-up connection and all 4000 or so symbols were
up and running in about one minute.

Hope this helps,

LV