[amibroker] Re: Need advice: How to determine a trend?

There are too many answers for this one, and you'll have to find the
answer for yourself.  But to narrow your focus, look at the other
aspects of your system and make sure the trend detection actually
complements the other components.

Basically if continually test trend-detection techniques that are
just derivatives of other components, you're gonna be stuck in
playing-with-random-indictors-hell for a loooooooooooong time.

Take a look here for additional reference:
http://www.elitetrader.com/tr/index.cfm?s=17&t=75

Walks through a process fairly well... as for system... meh.

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Clement Chin" <clement@xxxx> wrote:

> I would appreciate if you can comment on how to determine a trend
is up or
> down or sideway?
>
> I have checked different resources and I learn some of the possible
ways to
> determine an up trend...
>
> ADX(20)>30;
> ADX(20)>30 AND PDI(10)>MDI(10);
> C>MA(C,10) AND C>MA(C,20) AND MA(C,20)>MA(C,50);
> C>MA(C,50) AND C>MA(C,200);
> C>MA(C,10) AND C>MA(C,20);
> (ADX(10)+ADX(20))/2>=30 AND PDI(10)+PDI(20)>=MDI(10)+MDI(20);
>
> I know this may be a complicated question without a perfect answer.
I am