From: mrdavis9 [mailto:mrdavis9@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, January 25, 2005 12:29 PM
To: amibrokeryahoogroups
Cc: Mark McClelland; Linda Wilmarth ; Timothy; John; Duane Bokhart; Dave Cogburn; Ron Davis; Gary Donovitz; James Dunn; Joe Emmett; Chuck Gibbons ; Dick Hoierman; Sam Lisook; James Loven; Hani Mounir; Mark Smith; Charles Somes; Burt Steele; Gary Stevens; Bill Van Dyke; Don Wilson; Steve Reid; John Paulus; Don Kilfoyle; Tony Hardin; William Bill Dwyer; rich schiebel
Subject: [amibroker] OT:Two DSL Services

I am considering having two, highspeed Internet connections here in Dallas Texas, USA.

My current DSL supplier, Yahoo/Swbell, used to be very reliable.  However, a few weeks ago, the DSL line  sometimes becomes so overloaded, that only Amiquote can manage to use this overloaded DSL line.  Outlook Express is  unable to go get the mail during these times.

This happens at different times in the evenings. I suspect that someone in the neighborhood is doing massive downloads after they arrive home from work.

The Swbell DSL server rarely is a problem.

My question is, if I were to subscribe to a second DSL service such as Earthlink, that I have copied below, would it be able to function during the periods that the Swbell DSL is bogged down.  I am guessing that it a second DSL supplier could get through if it is using a different part of the frequency band.

I am having to ask about this due to my very limited tech abilities.

Comcast cable runs down the alley, but their service will cost as much as two, DSL lines.

All advice will be appreciated.  Ron D

Packages ($/month)

EarthLink DSL $39.95
Download speed of up to 3.0Mbps, Upload speed of up to 128Kbps. 1-yr.service commitment required.
Order now to pay only $19.95/mo. for the 1st 6 months of service!

Additional Features ($/month unless marked with *)
Modem Options
Modem Included
Additional Services ($/month unless marked with *)

DSL Installation Kit Included

Service Charge $39.95/month
Initial Charge $19.95

EarthLink DSL