[amibroker] Re: Can AB ignore recent quotes?

Thanks Graham - I'm quite with you though.  (and BTW I've never used
barindex before)

Should this: barindex()<(barcount-1) within the weekly
Be this: barindex()=(barcount-1) within the weekly

So that the barindex gets set back 1 week...

And the same for daily code?

Sorry, I'm at work and can't test this out, but just wanted to
confirm with you what you were suggesting.

- chris

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Graham <kavemanperth@xxxx> wrote:
> if you use it in straight weekly (stays compressed) then you could
> just use these
> I have just typed them in so may ahve small typo error
>
> barindex()<(barcount-1) within the weekly
>
> if in expanded mode pulling out the weekly values into the daily
bars
> then use similar
>
> and barindex()<lastvalue( valuewhen( dayofweek()<ref(dayofweek(),-1)
> barindex() ) )
>

> On Mon, 24 Jan 2005 05:57:10 -0000, Christoper <turkey@xxxx> wrote:
> >

> > Please hear me out... I'm wondering if I can have AB ignore recent
> > quotes, as if they don't exist.
> >
> > I'm using MultipleTimeFrames, more specifically the inWeekly
timeframe
> > for *the current week.*  Now, as the week progresses, the (H,L,C)
will
> > change, as will anything that is calculated based on it.
> >
> > Now there are two things here:
> > 1 - I'm curently 'paper-trading' something that uses the
inWeekly, and
> > basically, I'm using the current week's inWeekly data, so
basically
> > anything that is backtested with this could be considered a
> > "look-forward" system.  So i guess becareful out there.
> >
> > 2 - I would like to double check some items, and would like to
have AB
> > ignore the last 'x' days data.  I can't use Ref b/c any timeframe
> > shift would consider the entire week.  And manually
deleting/adding