Re: [amibroker] Re: Training and/or User Groups

Graham, I just checked the user manual, and I see that you did post your great essay on Cum and Sum.  Now if a lot of the others would do the same, the Amibroker learning curve would drop dramatically. Graham's ONLINE MANUAL addition is pasted below.

I don't know how many others are adding to the online manual, but if hardly any others are adding descriptions such as yours, then any other idea of a group effort to improve the learning curve will not work.

The ABSOLUTE BEST POSSIBLE  infrastructure to enable a group effort  is already in place.

I posted many requests trying to get TJ to encourage GrahamType users to to post additional comments, and fortuately, it finally happened.

Now, I would like to see TJ actively encouraging us  AB users to be adding new content  to the online user manual in order to improve it.

Additionally, AB users should be able to subcribe to a new yahoo group named something like "ONLINE USER MANUAL" . Subscribers to this NEW group would receive a link to each new addition right after it gets added.  Then, each AB user is free to delete the email notification, or click on it to view the newly added online content.

Each of these ONLINE MANUAL notification alerts should also encourage everyone to remember to add content to the online manual.

The online manual is a great tool, lets all start adding plain english clarifications to it.  TJ has said that he gets instant notification when new content is added to the online manual, so he could easily implement this new  ONLINE MANUAL Yahoogroup during a coffee break.

IMHO, nothing much will happen in this area unless, and until ,TJ implements a new "ONLINE MANUAL" Yahoogroup.     Ron D

Graham Kavanagh
gkavanagh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
2004-08-09 07:52:41
Sum adds up the last "n" number of bars. It sums whatever you put into the first part of the sum formula.

Cum(1) adds 1 to the previous value of Cum, so the first bar is 1 and it just keeps adding one to the last bar value of cum(1).
You can use Cum to add anything, like how many times you get rising days in the entire chart:

Rise = C>O; //this gives results of 0 or 1
TotalRise = Cum(Rise);

You could limit this as well to time periods, or any other condition Example would be one for total rise days since 1995:

RecentRise = C>O and Year()>=1995; //this gives results of 0 or 1
TotalRise = Cum(RecentRise);

If you wanted to know how many rising days in the last 12 bars you would use:

LastRises = Sum(Rise,12);

Hope this helps