[amibroker] Re: Training and/or User Groups

To see if interest is there:  What topics would you want to have
included there?

For me:
1 - Where to find help FAQ.
- Many always ask the same questions.  There are some who are lazy,
and just post any fleeting thought that enters their mind, but I
think for most people, its that they don't realize the various
resources available to them.  AFL Reference, AFL Library, Yahoo
groups, AB.com boards - especially the "How-To" forum(!), AB.com
Videos, pureybytes searching.  There's quite a lot out there...

Ok, what other stuff people?

- chris

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "danielwardadams"
<danielwardadams@xxxx> wrote:

> Ken,
> I think that's a great idea. And, assuming he went along, it seems
it
> might even free up Tomasz for improving AB rather than AB
> documentation.
>
> Although AB isn't "open source", some aspects of it are comparable:
> users can extend it in various ways (.dlls), users contribute and
> share common AFL, etc. Since documentation is a pretty thankless
job,
> it seems only fair we all share in it too :-}.
>
> I'll be interested in what others think.
>
> Dan
>

> --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Ken Close" <closeks@xxxx> wrote:
> > There is a web site called Wikipedia, which is an open-source
world
> > encyclopedia.  Anyone can initiate/author a topic, and all of the
> peers,
> > who know something about the subject, provide peer review and
> editing,
> > thus ensuring that topics remain and evolve to an accurate
> description
> > of whatever the topic is.
> >

> > I have seen the Wiki software (user friendly editing and posting
> type
> > software) used for another open source topic (although I can not
> > remember the topic).
> >

> > What about a Wiki style Amibroker User and Application
> > Encyclopedia---written and updated by all of the users here
> qualified
> > and motivated to write an "item".  Tomasz might find this
> to be an
> > excellent and time efficient way for him to see a comprehensive
> > "encyclopedia" on Amibroker emerge.  OTOH, he might spend
> more time
> > correcting items which are incorrect than he saves from seeing a
> > "manual" emerge from the users.
> >

> > Just a thought….
> >

> > The Wiki Site is listed below.
> >

> > Ken
> >

> > HYPERLINK
> > "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_Page"http://e
> n.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mai
> > n_Page

capabilities,
> has
> > >   there been any thought of "formal" training sessions? I think
> I've
> > >   finally climbed most of the learning curve for what I want to
> do but
> >
> > >   it wasn't particularly easy and took almost a year. So far I
> haven't
> > >   dug into the new (beta) backtester options but I expect the
> curve
> > for
> > >   that to be steep also. Meanwhile, Tomasz keeps implementing
new
> > >   features almost faster than people (me at least) can absorb
> them.
> > >
> > >   I know the user base is pretty international so it's hard to
> know
> > >   where classes should be taught. (And I doubt if Tomasz is
ready
> > >   start whole new training "divisions" (one for the U.S., one
for
> > >   Europe, Austrailia, etc). Any thoughts?
> > >
> > >   Also, are there any user groups other than one or two I've
seen
> > >   mentioned (one in Dallas and one in California I think)?
> > >
> > >   I'd be willing to travel a reasonable distance to participate
> in any
> > >   forum of AB-savvy people.
> > >
> > >   Dan
> > >

> > >   Check AmiBroker web page at:
> > >   HYPERLINK "http://www.amibroker.com/"http://www.amibroker.com/
> > >
> > >   Check group FAQ at:
> > HYPERLINK
> > "http://groups.yahoo.com/group/amibroker/files/g
> roupfaq.html"http://grou
> > ps.yahoo.com/group/amibroker/files/groupfaq.html

> > amibroker/
> > >
> > >     b.. To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
> > >
> > >     c.. Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms
> of
> > Service.
> >

> > Check AmiBroker web page at:
> > HYPERLINK "http://www.amibroker.com/"http://www.amibroker.com/
> >
> > Check group FAQ at: HYPERLINK
> > "http://groups.yahoo.com/group/amibroker/files/g
> roupfaq.html"http://grou
> > ps.yahoo.com/group/amibroker/files/groupfaq.html
> >

> > Check AmiBroker web page at:
> > HYPERLINK "http://www.amibroker.com/"http://www.amibroker.com/
> >
> > Check group FAQ at: HYPERLINK
> > "http://groups.yahoo.com/group/amibroker/files/g
> roupfaq.html"http://grou
> > ps.yahoo.com/group/amibroker/files/groupfaq.html
> >

> >    _____
> >

> > Yahoo! Groups Links
> >
> > *	To visit your group on the web, go to:
> > HYPERLINK
> > "http://groups.yahoo.com/group/amibroker/"http:/
> /groups.yahoo.com/group/
> > amibroker/
> >
> > *	To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
> > HYPERLINK
> > "mailto:amibroker-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx?su
> bject=Unsubscribe"amibro
> > ker-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> >
> > *	Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the HYPERLINK
> [...]
1/19/2005

> > --
1/19/2005