RE: [amibroker] Re: Best exit price?

Sam,

To see the difference between normal exit prices and best exit prices you
have to set the SellPrice and Cover price. Run the code below on, try LLTC
EOD, in the optimizer. You get two result lines, one using best prices and
one using normal prices. I think you can place some of the variables in
AddColumn()s to allow verification - I did not test the code extensively.
You must enter at the open because the MFE and MAEs can happen any time
during the day. I think you have to delay the best price to make it
available at the time of the exit signal. The profit ratio is something like
8000%(normal prices) to 4 billion%(BestPrices) in about ten years. Try the
system you might be able to improve it... it is an old one from my files.

Good luck,
herman

// BestSellPrice experiment
// Run in Optimizer on LLTC, when Test==1 you are trading best prices
SetTradeDelays(1,1,1,1);
SetOption("PriceBoundChecking",False);
Test = Optimize("Test",0,0,1,1);
BuyPrice = SellPrice = ShortPrice = CoverPrice = Open;

//////////////// SumRSI system by herman ////////////////
Ind=(Sum(RSI(3)-LLV(RSI(3),17),6)/Sum(HHV(RSI(3),17)-LLV(RSI(3),17),6))*100;
Buy=Cross(50,Ind);
Sell=Cross(Ind,50);
Short = Sell;
Cover = Buy;
E=Equity(1);
///////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Pos = Flip(Buy,Sell);
BestSellPrice 	= Ref(ValueWhen(Sell,HighestSince(Buy,H),0),-1);
BestCoverPrice = Ref(ValueWhen(Cover,LowestSince(Short,L),0),-1);

if(Test)
	{
	SellPrice = BestSellPrice;
	CoverPrice = BestCoverPrice;
	}
else
	{
	SellPrice = Open;
	CoverPrice = Open;
	}

Plot(C,"C",1,128);
PlotShapes(IIf(Buy,shapeUpArrow,shapeNone),5);
PlotShapes(IIf(Sell,shapeDownArrow,shapeNone),4);
Plot(BestSellPrice,"BestSellPrice",5,styleStaircase);
Plot(BestCoverPrice,"BestCoverPrice",4,styleStaircase);
//Plot(E,"E",2,1);