[amibroker] Problems with Installation and downloading quotes

My father paid for the amibroker standard software package more than
a year ago and we have never been able to get the software working
correctly on either his laptop or desktop.

We have had the the folowing error messages:  (1)  cannot connect to
server (which I know is not an internet connectivity issue)  (2)
and strange read only messages when we have tried to reload
amibroker or amiquote.  And we simply can't add quotes to the
database.  I think we need to start from scratch, but I'm not sure
how to do this.

Is it possible to just erase everything and start from scratch?
Your suggestions/assistance would be most appreciated.

Thank you,
Carey