[amibroker] Market Neutral (was OT:trader article on yahoo finance)

Has any one here actually used a market neutral approach
with success?

I have been curious about market neutral investing/trading
for sometime, but my outlook is darkened by a paragraph
from a user review of Joseph Nicholas's Market Neutral
Investing. The user says the book is a very good but the
approach itself is not.

Here is a quotation (the full review can be found on
Amazon):

"I am skeptical about the superior risk adjusted return of
market neutral strategies because of my own experience. We
invested in three such market neutral funds. They had
alluring past performance that confirmed everything
Nicholas says about such funds. The minute we invested in
such funds, their performance mysteriously deteriorated.
Somehow, all these funds benefited from convergence before
we invested. But, suffered from divergence right after we
invested. Within two years, we closed out our investment
positions in all three funds, and never regretted it....
Besides my reservation regarding market neutral investing,
this book gives you an excellent foundation on this
subject."

http://mail.yahoo.com