[amibroker] Re: AB Editor file Association

Tomasz,

Might I ask a simple question?

Can we anticipate that you might *ever* convert the Editor forms to
MDI format, where focus can be shifted between the Editor forms and
the Chart form *SO THAT* the Chart can get *TOTAL* Focus while the
Editor Forms are still on-screen?

This has been my only criticism of the AB software for almost two
years now.

Many users get around this problem by using multiple monitors under
XP, but I don't have the desktop real estate to support multiple monitors.

No kidding, why should the AB user have to *minimize* the Editor
Windows of AFL or IB in order to *SEE* an unobstructed Chart Window?

Regards,

Phsst

> Herman,
>
> AB Formula editor in AB is not separate program. It is a part of
AmiBroker.
> For this reason it is not possible to launch editor alone.
>
> Best regards,
> Tomasz Janeczko
> amibroker.com

Editor program?

>   If i associate it with AmiBroker it launches a new instance of AB,
I want to ONLY launch the AB editor. The AB workspace is too small to
find my files (tree too complex) unless i continuosly manually resize
it, I prefer a full screen file browser like Windows Explore to open
afl files (or perhaps the Workspace can be fitted with a
Maximize-Minimize button so it can cover more files...).

>   best regards,
>   herman

subfolders, use Search to find it. To open Search, click Start, point
to Search, and then click For Files or Folders.

>       2.. Right-click the file you want to open in a different
program, and then click Properties.
>       3.. On the General tab, click Change.
>       4.. Click the name of the program in which you want the file
to open.
>      Notes
>
>       a.. To open My Documents, double-click the My Documents icon
on your desktop.
>       b.. This change affects all files that have the same file name
extension as the file you selected. For example, if you change the
program that opens a .jpg file, all .jpg files will open in this program.
>       c.. You can also change the program that opens a file by
right-clicking the file, clicking Open With, and then clicking the
program name. If the program you want is not displayed, click Browse.

click on an .afl filename in the window's explorer so that my AB
Editor opens up the file and NOT notepad?

>         many thanks,
>         herman.
>

>         Check AmiBroker web page at:
>         http://www.amibroker.com/
>
>         Check group FAQ at:
>

>         Check AmiBroker web page at:
>         http://www.amibroker.com/
>
>         Check group FAQ at:
>

>     Check AmiBroker web page at:
>     http://www.amibroker.com/
>
>     Check group FAQ at:
>

>     Check AmiBroker web page at:
>     http://www.amibroker.com/
>
>     Check group FAQ at:
>

>           Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

>       c.. Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms
of Service.