[amibroker] Re: AmiBroker 4.64.3 BETA released

Both styles, separate editor windows and tabbed editor windows could
be supported.  It could be a simple checkbox to the user in order to
decide which way to handle multiple editor panes.  Tabbed editor
windows vs. separate editor windows is a preference.  Give the user
the power to decide.

As for multiple monitor users, especially real-time traders who
frequently have 3 or more monitors off of 1 PC, I think the idea of
stretching an application (with all of its windows self-contained)
across all of the monitors is bad design, esp. in the year 2004.
eSignal got this one right in my book.  They allow you to do that if
that is what you want.  However, they came up with a brilliant
alternative.  They modified the title controls in each window the
user creates to allow it to be de-parented (and re-parented again)
from the eSignal charting application and switch ownership to the
Desktop, thus, allowing the window to exist outside of its original
MDI environment.  They did it because they understood how real-time
traders use their product and their goal is to make their product
seamless to the act of trading.

Like I said before, Tomasz.  You are the AB Czar.  Your will
translates into action.  But I also know that your time is limited
and you constantly have to weigh your available time to what is
reasonably doable.  Some things are worth the extra effort and some
aren't.   But if it doesn't break your back to implement, let some
graphical user interface layout alternatives be decided by the users
with a flick of checkbox, etc.

> Hello,
>
> For single-monitor users it sounds good but
> some people (including me) are using multiple-monitor setups and
may want to see two or more separate editor windows
> and then single window with tabs is a limitation not enhancement.
>
> Best regards,
> Tomasz Janeczko
> amibroker.com

open 1 window and that each new file you open is added with an
additional TAB (just like Textpad does)?

>   Then you can quickly see which files are open and one can switch
from one to the other file easily. Now you can quickly get lost with
all these windows open,

>   rgds, Ed
>

>   Check AmiBroker web page at:
>   http://www.amibroker.com/
>
>   Check group FAQ at:
>

>         Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
>
>         Get unlimited calls to
>
>         U.S./Canada

>     c.. Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms
of Service.