Re: [amibroker] Formula Editor questions

Hello,

You seem not to wrap entire concept of drag and drop interface.
Please read this first: http://www.amibroker.com/newsletter/01-2004.html

Belive it or not but I was thinking about it REALLY LONG and I am more than
sure that this interface is WAY SUPERIOR  to previous versions of AB.

As to your questions:

1. Answer is very easy: there is only one chart tree in workspace to save
SCREEN ESTATE.
Note that now you can open MULTIPLE formula editors open simultaneously
(unlike IB). And if every formula editor had its tree it would be complete waste of space.

Also formulas do NOT belong to "formula editor". They are just files and can be dropped
onto CHART PANES without having formula editor open at all !
See this:
http://www.amibroker.com/video/dragdrop1.html

2. It is easy to answer to: to have DIFFERENT PARAMETERS for each inserted chart.
Lots of people asked for this in the past: they wanted SINGLE formula but INDEPENDENT parameters
in each pane. Now they have it.

Let's say you want 14-day RSI and 7-day RSI. So you insert TWICE the same formula
but adjust the period in one pane to 14 and to 7 in second pane.

Best regards,
Tomasz Janeczko
amibroker.com