RE: [amibroker] Re: Second Request-- Off-Topic: Control Window Locations With Dual Monitors

  • To: <amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [amibroker] Re: Second Request-- Off-Topic: Control Window Locations With Dual Monitors
  • From: "Ken Close" <closeks@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2004 15:59:12 -0500

Chris and Mark:

I appreciate the replies and I appreciate that you both either have
experienced some of this or did some tests to see what happens.

I actually have been having problems with numbers of programs,
especially my browser (Maxthon not IE6).  Curious thing is that Maxthon
always used to open in my "main" screen which is right in front of me
("secondary" screen offset to the right).

The browser all of a sudden will open in the secondary monitor,
maximized, and I have to minimize, drag to the main monitor, then
restore.  Not much, but still a pain, especially since I never used to
have to do it.

I just tried AB again.  Open in "secondary" monitor.  Reduce, drag to my
"main" monitor, maximize, exit, then restart----opens in secondary
monitor. Yikes!!

I used terms like "main" and "secondary" because when I use the Display
program, settings, and click "identify" (XP Pro), I get a big number "1"
on the monitor to the right (what I have thought was my secondary) and a
number "2" on the one right in front of me.  I can drag the two
rectangles to switch them, but the "1" and "2" do not change.

I have about given up and will just live with what I have.  It is
curious that "something" changed because it was not like this before,
but the mysteries of the internal monsters we use called computers makes
it inefficient to continue to try to find the solution.  Google
searches, forum and newsgroup searches--all of them have not revealed
anything about this.

I bet Tomasz knows the answer but it is too trivial to ask him.

Thanks for the replies.

Ken