[amibroker] Re: Weak dollar - rise in selling prices will probably be necessary

Good Day Joe,
For those that can your idea is a good one. One of my fears is that
Thomaz may quit this work and then what the hell are we going to do.
Lets make sure he will be around for a long, long time.

Greg

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Joe Landry" <jelandry@xxxx> wrote:
> I promise not to flame!
> I promise not to flame!
> I promise not to flame!
>
> That's for the 3 messages I didn't send including the previous null
one.

> I vote we keep the forum clear from politics, religion or the
current administration; and whether or not it takes a wheelbarrow of
yen to buy coffee in Tokoyo.  ( ; > . Darn, I slipped.

> Greg - I agree with you about the products, the support, author,
and the forum.  Although I haven't sampled very many products I've
been with this one for a couple of years and it's my primary tool.  I
could suggest if you feel so moved and generous at Christmas time you
could follow the hedge fund practice and mail into Poland roughly 20%
of your growth.

> Best regards
> JOE

I'm
>   concerned - you can peg the price at $2000 and it would be a
bargain.
>   AB is one the best pieces of software/programming I've seen and
if
>   anyone remembers a program called Gem you will know I've seen my
>   share. It makes me a living and entertains me and challenges me.
>   Thomaz make sure you really well compensated for your work.
>
>   Greg
>
>   --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Joseph Landry" <jelandry@xxxx>
>   wrote:
>   >
>   > --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Tomasz Janeczko"
>   <amibroker@xxxx>
>   > wrote:
>   > > Yuki,
>   > >
>   > > As always an interesting reading from you ;-)
>   > >
>   > > As to:
>   > > > The price rise is fair, although I'm surprised AB is
>   > > > not priced in Euros.
>   > > There is only one reason - majority of AB users come from USA,
>   > > so AB is priced in dollars for their convenience.
>   > >
>   > > Best regards,
>   > > Tomasz Janeczko
>   > > amibroker.com
>   > >
For a
>   > > > couple of years or more now, East Asia, in particular Japan
and
>   > > > China, have been subsidizing US consumption by buying
dollars,
>   > thus
>   > > > allowing the US to keep interest rates absurdly low, in a
sense,
>   > > > loaning your customers money so that they can continue to
buy
>   > from
>   > > > you.  Even the most ignorant businessman would rather
quickly
>   > realize
>   > > > that this is unsustainable.  And any attempt to sustain it
would
>   > > > result in an inevitable crash much worse than simply facing
up
>   > to the
>   > > > adjustment that is necessary right now.  Also, Americans
have
>   > > > re-elected the big tax cutter, who is also a champion of
big
>   > spending
>   > > > and big government (and who, I suspect, secretly wants to
play
>   an
>   > > > invigorated version of William Jennings Bryan in a Broadway
>   > revival
>   > > > of 'The Scopes Monkey Trial'). ^^_^^
>   > > >
>   > > > So, the US has huge deficits, huge spending, low taxes, and
an
>   > > > educational system seemingly on the verge of discarding
science
>   > in
>   > > > favor of religious fervor.  Did I mention the impending
>   > retirement of
>   > > > the baby boomers?
>   > > >
>   > > > Can I sell you some dollars?  (We have a stack of them
>   kilometers
>   > > > high over here in Tokyo.)  (^_-)
>   > > >
>   > > > But I digress.  The price rise is fair, although I'm
> [...]
Service.