[amibroker] Re: Position/Money management and Pyramiding and Averaging in positions

Hi Tomasz,

I agree on the importance of this feature in modelling money
management.  Following up on this, I believe another feature like an
order engine is equally important to model complex trading model
(instead of the current way of manipulating Buy/Sell arrays for
trades).  Would you mind revealing when this feature will be ready?

William

> Hello,
>

> > Thanks Tomasz. Would this functionality allow us to
track/determine when
> > each new position was added?
> No, you would need to track it yourself if you need such
information.

> From the backtester point of view
> you won't be creating new positions. Instead you would be SCALING
UP/DOWN
> EXISTING position. So after pyramiding you will still have one
position BUT LARGER (or smaller).
> The backtester will be able to tell you the average entry price and
total profit
> (that would of course take into account different entry dates and
different prices).

> This is the only resonable way to do this because having one scaled
up/down positions
> allow you to scale down / exit in ANY way you want (i.e. using
DIFFERENT exit sizes than entry sizes).

> Best regards,
> Tomasz Janeczko
> amibroker.com