Re: [amibroker] BPL

  From: dom1_1998
  To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Friday, November 12, 2004 5:20 PM
  Subject: [amibroker] BPL

  snip

  It supposed to be cheaper, about $27/month with no required long term
  contract.  The FCC is expected to finalize new regulations by the end of
  this year.

  --- According to the New York Times, October 15th, the F.C.C. already granted approval for use of power lines for broadband: http://query.nytimes.com/gst/abstract.html?res=F30D1FFD3C5E0C768DDDA90994DC404482&incamp=archive:search.  In our area (NC), the power company is supposed to finish its large scale test by the end of the year and will make a decision at that time as to whether of not to offer the service at that time.  I suspect that they will.

  dom