[amibroker] Re: Setting back testing dates within AFL formular

You may creat various timing conditions.
Example:
d2003a=Year()==2003 AND Month()<=6;
d2003b=Year()==2003 AND Month()>6;
The first, d2003a will be equal to 1 for the first 6 months of 2003
and equal to 0 for any other period.
Then, after you setup your general
Buy=...;
Sell=...;
you may write
Buy=d2003a*Buy;
Sell=d2003a*Sell;
and select the signals for the first 6 months of 2003.
Dimitris
--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Anthony Faragasso" <ajf1111@xxxx>
wrote:
> See change,
>
> I believe Dimitri presented such an example , maybe a year or two
ago.....You can check the archives or ask Dimitri if he can post the
formula....I do not remember exactly when it was....

<kavemanperth@xxxx>
>   wrote:
>   > I have never been able to work out what the above selections c,
d,
>   e,
>   > g, i . How exactly are they used?
>   >
>   >
>   > On Tue, 9 Nov 2004 23:55:54 -0500, Anthony Faragasso
>   <ajf1111@xxxx> wrote:
>   > >
>   > >      STATUS
>   > >      - get run-time AFL status information Miscellaneous
>   functions
>   > >      (AFL 1.65)
>   > >
>   > >      SYNTAX  status( ''statuscode'' )
>   > >      RETURNS ARRAY
>   > >      FUNCTION  Returns run-time status of the analysis
engine.
>   Supported status codes:
>   > >        a.. "stocknum" - gives you the ordinal number of
>   currently analysed symbol
>   > >        b.. "action" - gives information in what context given
>   formula is run: 1 - INDICATOR, 2 - COMMENTARY, 3 - SCAN, 4 -
>   EXPLORATION, 5 - BACKTEST / OPTIMIZE
>   > >        c.. "rangefromdate", "rangetodate" - return current
auto-
>   analysis From-To range as DateNums
>   > >        d.. "rangefromtime", "rangetotime" - return current
auto-
>   analysis From-To range as DateNums
>   > >        e.. "barinrange" - returns 1 when current bar is
within
>   current auto-analysis From-To range
>   > >        f.. "barvisible" - (custom indicators only) returns 1
>   when current bar is visible in current view
>   > >        g.. "firstbarinrange" and "lastbarinrange". They
return 1
>   (or True) on the first/last bar of analysis range.
>   > >
h.. "buydelay", "selldelay", "shortdelay", "coverdelay" -
>   return delays set in the Settings window
>   > >        i.. "firstbarintest" and "lastbarintest" - similar
>   to "firstbarinrange" and "lastbarinrange" but they return the
>   settings of last BACKTEST/OPTIMIZATION and intermediate
>   scans/explorations do not affect them
>   > >
>   > >      EXAMPLE status( "stocknum" );
>   > >
Terms
>   of Service.
>   > >
>   > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>   > >
>   > >
>   > > Check AmiBroker web page at:
>   > > http://www.amibroker.com/