Re: [amibroker] Re: little piece of code

hi iascool,

see code below. The number of future bars have length "fut". The future channel I plotted as dots.   However they will not be plotted on the last bar (Barcount). I do not think it is possible to draw into the future (after Barcount) or I do not know how. Because to do that you need to be able to extend the arrays we calculate with and I don't think this is possible. Maybe somebody else (TJ?) could comment on that.

Also I added an example of how you could use the trend channel to find buy or sell points. These are plotted in the chart. Just let the trend channel walk through time and you will see buy and sell signals appear occasionally. They are always plotted 1 bar after the channel.

rgds, Ed

/*

trend channel development

Edward Pottasch, nov 2004

*/

per = 20;
fut = 10;
mm = (H + L) / 2;

x = Cum(1);
lastx = LastValue(x);
selv = SelectedValue(x);

aaa = LinRegIntercept(mm, per);
bbb = LinRegSlope(mm, per);

daa = SelectedValue(ValueWhen(x, aaa, 1));
dbb = SelectedValue(ValueWhen(x, bbb, 1));

xx = IIF(x > selv - per AND x <= selv, x - (selv - per),null);
yy = daa + dbb * xx;

fxx = IIF(x > selv AND x <= selv + fut, x - (selv - per),null);
fyy = daa + dbb * fxx;

dhh = abs(H - yy);
dll = abs(L - yy);
dtt = MAX(dhh,dll);

wd = SelectedValue(HHV(dtt,per));

Buy = Ref(L,-1) == Ref(yy - wd, -1) AND Ref(selv == x,-1);
BuyPrice = O;
Short = Ref(H,-1) == Ref(yy + wd, -1) AND Ref(selv == x,-1);
ShortPrice = O;

Plot(yy, "LinReg", colorBlue, 1);
Plot(yy + wd, "Upper Boundary", colorRed, 1);
Plot(yy - wd, "Lower Boundary", colorBrightGreen, 1);

// plot into future
Plot(fyy, "LinReg", colorBlue ,styleDots | styleNoLine);
Plot(fyy + wd, "Upper Boundary", colorRed ,styleDots | styleNoLine);
Plot(fyy - wd, "Lower Boundary", colorBrightGreen ,styleDots | styleNoLine);

Plot(C,"",colorwhite,64);
PlotShapes(IIf(Buy,shapeUpArrow,0),colorWhite, layer = 0, yposition = BuyPrice, offset = 0 );
PlotShapes(IIf(Short,shapeHollowDownArrow,0),colorLightBlue, layer = 0, yposition = ShortPrice, offset = 0 );