Re: [amibroker] Re: Amazing backtest ==> Automatic/program trading

Absolutely, just set prices to Close 0,0,0,0 and not Open 1,1,1,1.
--
Terry

From: Owen Davies <owen5819@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 04 Nov 2004 22:21:13 -0500
To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [amibroker] Re: Amazing backtest ==> Automatic/program trading

Terry wrote:

>I trade a same day signal too at 10 minutes before close. What Al meant was
>your system gets it's signal 5 minutes before close (or even 15), BUT you
>are buying at the OPEN of the day. That was 7 hours ago which you obviously
>can't do. You must set trade delays to 1,1,1,1 to trade the NEXT DAY'S OPEN.

But that was kind of my point.  In practice, you don't have to buy at
the open of the next day.  You can calculate your signals a few minutes
before the close, with a degree of accuracy that will be "good enough,"
and enter approximately on the close.  If you trade the S&P or some
other futures contracts, you might instead calculate your signal on the
close and enter at roughly the same price a few minutes later in
after-hours trading.  There is no need to set trade delays at all.  Or
so it seems to me.

Owen