Re: [amibroker] Re: Amazing backtest ==> Automatic/program trading

Owen:

Of course, you are correct. I misstated the situation. In the backtest
of any mechanical system that actually trades on the next day's open
from today's signal, if the signal depends on TODAY'S cross of x over y,
and if you set your delays to 0, then AB will buy at TODAY'S open
(rather than tomorrow's) even though the cross may have occurred several
hours later than the open. So, you will always be buying after the fact
at a lower price, which cannot occur in real life.

AV