[amibroker] Re: Formulas for "Automatic Scaling" levels ??

Terry, it works if indeed I reverse the plot order AND remove
StyleOwnScale from the indicator.

As it turns out however I still don't get the same scaling on the two
panes next to each other, of course because they have different
indicators and therefore different Auto Scaling levels. To finalize
I'll take the Max/Min of all combined indicators, add a few
%'s and use StyleNoDraw.

Thanks for your help!

-treliff

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Terry <MagicTH@xxxx> wrote:
> No quite following exactly what you want, but try these ideas:
>
> indicator = condition; //your indicator
>
> //Plots a blue background
> Plot(True,"",colorBlue,styleArea|styleOwnScale,0,1);
>
> //Automatic scaling of "indicator"
> Plot(indicator,"indicator",colorWhite, styleArea|styleOwnScale);
>
> You may have to reverse the order of plotting to get the white on
top.
> --
> Terry
>

> From: "treliff" <treliff@xxxx>
> Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2004 06:25:48 -0000
> To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [amibroker] Formulas for "Automatic Scaling" levels ??
>

> I wish to plot one indicator as a white StyleArea plot with a
colored
> background (such that the area ABOVE the indicator values is
colored).

> Because for comparison I want this pane displayed next to a
> "normal"
> pane I need to determine the "Automatic Scaling" levels (so I
> can first color the complete background and then overlay the white
> StyleArea plot).
>
> In an earlier message

> I found TJ's explanation:
>
> "
> to get highest and lowest value of all quotes inside visible area
use:

> array = ROC( Close, 10 );
>
> visible = Status("barvisible");
>
> HH = LastValue( Highest( IIF( visible, array, -999999 ) ) );
> LL = LastValue( Lowest( IIF( visible, array, 999999 ) ) );
> "
>
> I just don't get it, for sure HH and LL itself are not the scaling
> levels, there must at least be some additional adding/subtracting
> going on.
>
> Anyone knows the exact formulas for the Auto Scaling levels? (Or...
> more creative way to create my desired plotstyle? Minor minus of my
> approach is that it removes the gridlines.) Thanks!
>
> -treliff
>

> Check AmiBroker web page at:
> http://www.amibroker.com/
>
> Check group FAQ at:
>

> Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

<http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129ss7npu/M=315388.5543473.6613715.300117
6/D=g

roups/S=1705632198:HM/EXP=1099203950/A=2372354/R=0/SIG=12id813k2/*http
s://ww
> w.orchardbank.com/hcs/hcsapplication?
pf=PLApply&media=EMYHNL40F21004SS>

> *