From: "treliff" <treliff@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2004 06:25:48 -0000
To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [amibroker] Formulas for "Automatic Scaling" levels ??

I wish to plot one indicator as a white StyleArea plot with a colored
background (such that the area ABOVE the indicator values is colored).

Because for comparison I want this pane displayed next to a
"normal"
pane I need to determine the "Automatic Scaling" levels (so I
can first color the complete background and then overlay the white
StyleArea plot).

In an earlier message

I found TJ's explanation:

"
to get highest and lowest value of all quotes inside visible area use:

array = ROC( Close, 10 );

visible = Status("barvisible");

HH = LastValue( Highest( IIF( visible, array, -999999 ) ) );
LL = LastValue( Lowest( IIF( visible, array, 999999 ) ) );
"

I just don't get it, for sure HH and LL itself are not the scaling
levels, there must at least be some additional adding/subtracting
going on.

Anyone knows the exact formulas for the Auto Scaling levels? (Or... a
more creative way to create my desired plotstyle? Minor minus of my
approach is that it removes the gridlines.) Thanks!

-treliff

Check group FAQ at:

 <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129ss7npu/M=315388.5543473.6613715.3001176/D=g
roups/S=1705632198:HM/EXP=1099203950/A=2372354/R=0/SIG=12id813k2/*https://ww
w.orchardbank.com/hcs/hcsapplication?pf=PLApply&media=EMYHNL40F21004SS>

*
*
<http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .