[amibroker] Yahoo historical DJIA data is theoretical data ONLY

Greetings,

I assume that most of the people using Yahoo's historical data already are aware that any DJIA data is strictly theoretical, and perhps their other index data is also. Actual DJIA data exists only since Jan. 29, 1985, according to the information at globalfindata.com; prior to that time, the high and low values are ALL theoretical. CSI(Yahoo's data provider), carries two different historical data files for the DJIA; one is strictly theoretical, and the other contains the actual, realtime OHLC data since 1992 (as I recall from their info).

If you require actual OHLC data, the only place I've been able to find it is at globalfindata.com - not even Dow Jones & Co. maintains actual historical data, according to the info they sent me. If someone knows of another source for actual DJIA data back to 1982, I'd sure like to know about it, as well as if the same problem exists with the other major index historical data.

For what it's worth,

DC