[amibroker] Re: Determining the bar where a signal occurs - one step further

hi kaveman,

it is not that perfect as thought in the first moment...this results
also in an array.

Ist there no command to determne the barnumber when a signal occurs
during a run in backtest???

enzo

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, kaveman perth <kavemanperth@xxxx>
wrote:
> try this
>
> BarAtSignal=ValueWhen( BuyCondition, BarIndex(),1);
>

> On Thu, 28 Oct 2004 10:53:48 -0000, enzo <herrfrechdax@xxxx> wrote:
> >

> > Hello,
> >
> > I know you guys are very helpful, so I guess when no-one
answers, no-
> > one as a clue. Maybe no-one has a clue what I am asking :-))
> >
> > condition1 is based on MACD and Open
> > condition2 is based on MA and Open
> >
> > Buy=condition1 and condition2; will deliver many buying-signals
in
> > exploration and backtest. To calculate trendlines for every Buy-
> > signal I got to know the number of the bar where it occurs.
> >
> > Since I asked the forum the first time I found out by myself
that:

> > BuyCondition=condition1 AND condition2;
> > OpenAtSignal=ValueWhen( BuyCondition, Open,1);
> >
> > results in an array "OpenAtSignal" with the relevant price-
> > infomation. Now I can loop through the array and calculate
> > trendlines based on the row-numbers of the array.
> > But, this is time consuming, is there a faster way to determine
the
> > barnumber where signals occurred?
> >
> > ty,
> > enzo
> >
> > --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "enzo" <herrfrechdax@xxxx>
wrote:

> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I am coding a strategie where buy-signals are depending on a
> > certain
> > > condition based on MACD(), a condition based on MA() and if a
> > > calculated trendline has been crossed.
> > >
> > > The trendline I calculate is based on the number of the bar,
where
> > > the other conditions will be true. There of 100s of signals.
> > >
> > > The code looks like that (where DownTrendLine is a function):
> > >
> > > CrossDownTrend=IIf(BuyMACDCond AND BuyMACond,DownTrendline
> > > (flag),False);
> > > Buy=BuyMACDCond AND BuyMACond AND CrossDownTrend;
> > >
> > > This is to prevent the calculation of a trendline when one of
the
> > > other conditions is false.
> > >
> > > My question is: how can I determine the number of the bar where
> > the
> > > first two conditions become true?
> > >
> > > After some hours of checking AFL-examples and studying many
AFL-