[amibroker] For Tomasz: Worried About AB's Algorithm for Selecting Stocks in Backtest

Hello Tomasz,

I would like to ask a very important question.  I have been doing
backtesting using AmiBroker for a few months.  I have noticed that
when I do a backtest and then do the same backtest again on a
different date that occasionally my results are different.  This
worries me.

Here is my situation: I have created a system that I am backtesting.
My system scans all the stocks in the 3 major American exchanges,
involving over 8000 stocks.  I have a date range which remains the
same ALWAYS.  On any specific day, there may be no stocks which
satisfy the criteria in my system.  However, on another day, there
might be 6, for example.  If there is only enough money available in
my backtest to buy 2 stocks on that day, which 2 stocks is AB going
to choose?  In other words, what type of algorithm is AB using to
select stocks?  Is it some kind of random algorithm, or first-come,
first-serve?

Please advise.  This worries me very much.

Thank you.

Josef