[amibroker] Re: how to call created Functions

HI Tomasz,
I think some of the skills of the guys are fair and struggle with the
programmers mindset. I think if you can see this it will help you
attract more users. As I am an avg to skilled  tech minded guy
(engineer) I realise the intelligence of yourself and many other guys
can look at this as petty. Getting used to the language ,format and
what the processor looks for and where are the keys for the more
basic guys understanding the basic operation on what is a very cool
program. The fact that it can do almost anything makes it open
architectured but this can be intimidating at first for the semi
programmer type mind" I come from metastock and it just fell short of
what I wanted and AB is way more powerful. However , the drag and
drop onto highlight feature is simple in meta ..so its trying to get
that balance of no auto no programming  versus flexibility....

PS charles if u get stuck I can help u slowly..as I just worked it
out tonight myself.
das300@xxxxxxxxxx
maurice

> Charles,
>
> It is very simple.
> Writing functions is explained in
> http://www.amibroker.com/guide/a_language.html
>
> If you want to write a lot of your functions,
> I suggest to create the file called
> "MyFunctions.afl"
> inside
> "AFL\Include" subfolder (under AB directory).
>
> In this file place all functions you want to re-use later.
>
> As per your example:
> You want to create function called
> "dasesfunct" that does returns (H+L) / 2  ;
>
> So you open
> MyFunctions.afl file
> and type
>
> function dasesfunct()
> {
>    return (H+L)/2;
> }
>
> now you save your changes to MyFunctions.afl
>

> Later in ANY formula you like you write #include
> statement and you can use all functions that
> are declared in MyFunctions.afl file:
>
> #include <MyFunctions.afl>
>
> // example of calling your custom function
> myarray = dasesfunct();
>

> Best regards,
> Tomasz Janeczko
> amibroker.com