[amibroker] Re: Summing volume

bBuy is an array. If statement requires single value.

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "virtuouz_pagan" <dimension@xxxx>
wrote:

> thanks much.  any ideas on why i get a syntax error with the code
> below? If i include the code within the "IF" clause with out the
> actualy "IF" block, it works fine. but with the "IF" clause there
> get the following error:
> "Line 15, Column 2:
>    	AddColumn(fCumVol,"fCumVol", 1.0);
>
>    	AddColumn(bBuy,"Buy", 1.0);
>
> 	Buy = True;
>
> }
> -^
>
> Error 3.
> Condition in IF, WHILE, FOR statements
> has to be Numeric or Boolean type.
> You can not use array here,
> please use [] (array subscript operator)
> to access array elements"
>
> Here is the code:
> stockFloat = 19100000;
>
> fCumVol = Ref( fCumVol = Sum( V, 5 ), -1);
>
> bBuy = 	( V > ( stockFloat ) ) AND
> 		( fCumVol < stockFloat ) AND
> 		( C > O ) ;
>
> if ( bBuy )
> {
> 	Filter = 1;
>    	AddColumn(fCumVol,"fCumVol", 1.0);
>    	AddColumn(bBuy,"Buy", 1.0);
> 	Buy = True;
> }
>
> --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Terry <MagicTH@xxxx> wrote:
> > Try this:
> > CumVol = Sum( ref(V,-1), 5 );
> >
> > An Explore is like a back test in that you get the same results
> without the
> > Report. You can add as many AddColumn statements as you want to
> see things
> > like your Buy/Sell/Short/Cover signals, Volume, Close, any
> variable you have
> > in your code.
> > --
> > Terry
> >

> > From: "virtuouz_pagan" <dimension@xxxx>
> > Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2004 03:34:17 -0000
> > To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> > Subject: [amibroker] Re: Summing volume
> >

> > actually, it's almost what i needed.
> > I am using the BackTest function and would like to see the
fCumVol
> > value at each signal. I was trying to use the "printf" function,
> but
> > do not see anything printed in the Interpretation or NotePad
> window.
> > What would be better however, is if i could add a column to the
> > backtest grid/table, similar to what you suggested for the
Explore

<http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129a4dsog/M=295196.4901138.6071305.30011
> > 76/D=g

roups/S=1705632198:HM/EXP=1098414491/A=2128215/R=0/SIG=10se96mf6/*htt

<http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129jnevc3/M=315388.5500238.6578046.30011
> 76/D=g

roups/S=1705632198:HM/EXP=1098416071/A=2372354/R=0/SIG=12id813k2/*htt
> ps://ww
> > w.orchardbank.com/hcs/hcsapplication?
> pf=PLApply&media=EMYHNL40F21004SS>
> >

> > Yahoo! Groups Links