[amibroker] Re: Problem with AmiQuote and Yahoo Current

Hi Terry, thanx für this hyperfast reply! I find your suugestion for
Medved QuoteTracker interesting and will check it out, when I cannot
solve the problem I am having with Yahoo-Current via AmiQuote.

This problem really exists, believe me.

> 1. I have used the same method. Current quotes do not take more
than 1-2 seconds. How many symbols do you have?

Yes, also worked fine for me until yesterday. I having about 160
symbols only.

> 2. Current quotes have never messed up historical data.

Really? Why are volume-data overwritten for the last ~7days after I
started Yahoo Current via AmiQuote with a 2 days span? As soon as I
am able to make screenshots I will send you my chart before and
after loading the data. You see very easily the volume data have
changed.

> 3. Amiquote remembers the last days you downloaded which is why
the date range comes up for 2 days.

I like this theory!  :-))

> 4. To fix you history, you do not need to use quote editor to
delete them. Just open Amiquote, change the date range and re-
import. It will overwrite the bad data.

I will do that as soon as I can, currently Amibroker is frozen again
and I dont want to kill the application cause there is some unsaved
work and I am hoping I can still save it.

In the meantime I found out, it freezes only when I check "automatic
import" in AmiQuote. But if I uncheck it, mark all symbols and start
to download, it takes 2 seconds, the message is "download completed"
or something similar... but does not download new data.

strange...

regards
enzo

> Check out Medved QuoteTracker. It can get RT (or near RT) from
about 100
> sources. I loaded it 2 days ago and it works great. Now I get
updates every
> second or so during the day to my EOD data which is exactly what I
need for
> my EOD systems (I do not care about minute or any intraday data).
I still do
> nightly updates from Yahoo historical. I paid the $5/month to
Medved to
> avoid having to click on their ads, otherwise it¹s totally free.
> --
> Terry
>

> From: "enzo" <herrfrechdax@xxxx>
> Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2004 16:06:46 -0000
> To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [amibroker] Problem with AmiQuote and Yahoo Current
>

> Hi,
> currrently not trading and just developing strategies with AB I am
> using AmiQuote Historical EOD-data and Yahoo Current data, for
> updates within a day.
>
> Since yesterday AmiQuote, while updating with Yahoo-Current, is
> freezing my Amibroker for about 20 minutes everytime it loads
> quotes. In the bottom line of AmiQuote window the message is as
> follows: IMPORTING ....\AMIQUOTE\DOWNLOAD\^DJI_YHOO.APD
>
> Is there something I can do to stop the freezing?
>
> 2nd problem:
> Unfortunately volume-data of the last ~7 days are overwritten by
the
> Yahoo-Current data, even the range to download data from...to is
set
> to last 2 days. This volume-data then are completely out of range,
> so every day I have to delete this last ~7days using Edit/Quotes
and
> run YAHOO Historical again to have proper data again. Why is ist
> download the current day?
>
> Thanks in advance for all replies
>
> enzo
>

> Check AmiBroker web page at:
> http://www.amibroker.com/
>
> Check group FAQ at:
>

> Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

<http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129pnqpb9/M=315388.5497957.6576270.30011
76/D=g

roups/S=1705632198:HM/EXP=1097942814/A=2372354/R=0/SIG=12id813k2/*htt
ps://ww
> w.orchardbank.com/hcs/hcsapplication?
pf=PLApply&media=EMYHNL40F21004SS>

> *