[amibroker] re: AB Simulator

Hi Chris,

At this point in time for various reasons I have no plans to do any further
work on the Simulator program.

k> Is this something TJ would incorporate into AB itself rather
k> than as a plug-in

I can't answer for TJ but I think that would be a nice addition, you could
send a suggestion to the following email address suggest@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Regards,
William Peters
www.amitools.com

k> William

k> I still think this is useful tool.
k> I did not know about the spacebar trick so have never used it.

k> I do have similar functionality built into another software
k> program I use, which I use for this purpose more often.

k> Is it possible to make some changes to this code so that
k> instead of using the spacebar to advance one bar, we can use...

k> right arrow to advance one bar,
k> left arrow to retreat one bar,
k> down arrow to advance one week,
k> up arrow to retreat one week?

k> or customisable?

k> Is this something TJ would incorporate into AB itself rather
k> than as a plug-in or is that not a diplomatic question?

k> Regards

k> ChrisB

k> William Peters <williampeters@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
k> Tim,

k> There are a various Simulator programs floating around. If you are
k> using the one with a user interface (Simulator.exe currently at
k> version 1.24) then you can do what you require using the spacebar key.
k> You also need to be using EOD data to do this.

k> Except from the readme:

k> "Added the ability to step forward one bar at a time using the space bar on the keyboard.
k> Begin simulation by clicking the run button and then press the space bar on the keyboard
k> to progress one bar at a time or hold down the space bar to progress
k> multiple bars."

k> Regards,
k> William Peters
k> www.amitools.com