[amibroker] Re: Do you find this list as useful as before????

My recollection is that some time ago people started trimming
messages after several folks here were crying the blues about being
in East Podunk and having limited bandwidth.

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Herman van den Bergen"
<psytek@xxxx> wrote:
> If you want to survive in this world you owe it to yourself to
learn about
> computer protection; it is like food on the table.
>
> [Tomasz] Sorry but I don't understand. According to my knowledge
messages
> are NOT trimmed by Yahoo.
>
> My original post actually addressed user bahavior, not technical
list
> organization.
>
> [Tomasz] Yes we can try to re-enable. But the problem is not only
about the
> viruses itself, but rather about the way it is sent. A couple of
attacts
> used spoofed e-mail addresses and the messages appeared (at first
look) to
> be from legitimate users of this list including me.
>
> My NAV catches about 10 infected attachments a week, my weekly scan
finds
> occassional infections that appears to come from web pages, i get
fake
> letters from banks and lottery companies, not only Amibroker :-)
and from
> some very strange people who want to put a million dollar in my
bank account
> :-))) viruses sometimes come in batches, 2 or 3 at a time - it
makes you
> wonder.
>
> Anyway, I was trying to encourage posters to either leave previous
text
> attached or copy selected parts from previous posts to make the
post useful
> on its own. Some wishful guidelines to make your posts more
effective:

> 1) Use a descriptive subject line, in general no complains here :-)
> 2) At the end of a series of post summarize the
result/conclusion/code and
> add the word "summary" to the subject line
> 3) Provide a descriptive introduction to your problem/topic in the
first few
> lines of your post
> 4) When replying to a long post copy the question ahead of your
answer,
> anythink at the end will rarily be read.
> 5) If you want to save bandwidth delete the yahoo garbage at the
end of the
> post, and delete early posts that were repeated many times over in
replies.

> This list has a great amount of expertise, it is a great source of
ideas and
> excellent code. I am very grateful to all those who take time to
contribute.
> But the list has high volume... so unless contents is easily
accesible it
> will be passed over and key points/ideas are missed.
>
> best regards,
> herman.

Herman and
> Corey
>   > on both points:
>   >
>   > 1. Re trimming messages - I know that some people have problems
with
> long
>   > messages, but I would suggest that, at least where people are
posting
>   > code/formulas for someone, please leave the original request
intact so
> we
>   > can tell what the code is for without having to track down the
original
>   > e-mail.
>
>   Sorry but I don't understand. According to my knowledge messages
are NOT
> trimmed by Yahoo.
>
>   If someone, when replying, decides to trim the past correspondence
> manually, it is his/her choice.
>
>   >
>   > 2. I miss the attachments also. On the one hand, I understand
TJ's