From: Brian [mailto:brian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, October 06, 2004 6:47 PM
To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [amibroker] Re: Building AFL modules

Hi TJ,

I actually wrote it that way so certain indicators could have
more "weight" than others, if you want. It's redundant on purpose.

Thanks for letting me know that this type of redundancy might slow
down my system, though. I am using a 2.6Ghz machine with 512RAM and
have no speed issues whatsoever, though my code is quite lengthy at
times.

I use one master template that encompasses all my numerous scans into
one, so I can do them all in one pass, and see which ones were set
off by looking at the exploration results.

Thanks again,

~Bman

> Brian,
>
> Just one comment about your code. Statements like this:
>
> IFT_eb = IIf( condition ,1,0);
>
> are redundant if condition is already boolean and is equivalent
> to writing
> IFT_eb = condition; // NO IIF at all required.
>
> So writing
> IFT_eb = IIf(varIFTBuy1,1,0);
>
> makes no sense and wastes additional processing time.
>
> So maybe you should take a look at your codes and
> rewrite them to save LOTS of wasted CPU time.
>
> Best regards,
> Tomasz Janeczko
> amibroker.com

(IFT_eb,
> > and so on)...
> >
> > The Code:
> >
> > /* Explore_Entry_Strength_v1.0 */
> > /// EXPLORATION FIELD OUTPUT ///
> > // Signal Type Column
> > VarBSSignal = IIf(Buy,1,
> > IIf(Short,0,10));
> > AddColumn( VarBSSignal, "Signal",1.0, IIf
(VarBSSignal>0,colorGreen,
> > IIf(VarBSSignal<1,colorRed,colorBlack)));
> >
> > // EXPLORATION BUY SUMMATION COLUMN
> > IFT_eb = IIf(varIFTBuy1,1,0);
> > IFTS_eb = IIf(varIFTSBuy4,1,0);
> > TDREI_eb = IIf(varREIBuy3,1,0);
> > FVE_eb = IIf(VarFVEBuy3,1,0);
> > KST_eb = IIf(varKSTBuy5,1,0);
> > HDC_eb = IIf(varHDCBuy1,1,0);
> > HDC2_eb = IIf(VarHDCBuy4,1,0);
> > SStoch_eb = IIf(VarSStochBuy1,1,0);
> > AvgStoch_eb = IIf(varAvgStochBuy1,1,0);
> > DSS_eb = IIf(varDSSBuy2,1,0);
> > IFTROC1_eb = IIf(fishtdroc1<-0.20,1,0);
> > IFTTDD_eb = IIf(fishTD<varIFTTDDOverSold,1,0);
> > Buy_Perc = ( (IFT_eb + IFTS_eb + TDREI_eb + FVE_eb +
> > KST_eb + HDC_eb + HDC2_eb + SStoch_eb + AvgStoch_eb +
> > DSS_eb + IFTROC1_eb + IFTTDD_eb)/12)*100;
> > AddColumn( Buy_Perc, "Buy%",1.0, IIf(Buy_Perc>49,colorGreen,
> > colorBlack));
> >
> > // EXPLORATION SHORT SUMMATION COLUMN
> > IFT_es = IIf(varIFTShort1,1,0);
> > IFTS_es = IIf(varIFTSShort4,1,0);
> > TDREI_es = IIf(varREIShort3,1,0);
> > FVE_es = IIf(VarFVEShort3,1,0);
> > KST_es = IIf(varKSTShort5,1,0);
> > HDC_es = IIf(varHDCShort1,1,0);
> > HDC2_es = IIf(VarHDCShort4,1,0);
> > SStoch_es = IIf(VarSStochShort1,1,0);
> > AvgStoch_es = IIf(varAvgStochShort1,1,0);
> > DSS_es = IIf(varDSSShort2,1,0);
> > IFTROC1_es = IIf(fishtdroc1>0.20,1,0);
> > IFTTDD_es = IIf(fishTD>varIFTTDDOverbought,1,0);
> > Short_Perc = ( (IFT_es + IFTS_es + TDREI_es + FVE_es +
> > KST_es + HDC_es + HDC2_es + SStoch_es + AvgStoch_es +
> > DSS_es + IFTROC1_es + IFTTDD_es)/12)*100;
> > AddColumn( Short_Perc, "Short%",1.0, IIf(Short_Perc>49,colorRed,
> > colorBlack));
> >
> > // Standard Columns
> > AddColumn( Close, "Close  " );
> > AddColumn( Volume, "Volume   ",1.0 );