Re: [amibroker] FASTTRACK USERS TAKE NOTE -- NEED YOUR HELP!!!!!!!

Tomasz,

You would add considerably more flexibility to AmiBroker if scoreNorotate became symbol specific.  This would allow one to set the PositionScore to scoreNorotate for all symbols or to specific symbols.  It would make AmiBroker even better.  As for your most recent reply, I offer the following for discussion.

Your fix will ONLY WORK IF setting the scores to the same value does not cause trading. In other words, an existing position IS NOT rotated if another issue has the same score.

Let me provide another example.

_________

Let's say that you are rotating to the 3 best funds (to keep it simple - MaxOpenPositions = WorstRankHeld = 3), and timing the market with a general timing signal. At the time of the sell, let's say they were -

A - 70

B - 80

C - 66

D - 64

E - 62

Now, what you want to do is to hold A, B, C until their scores go down below 60.

YOU DON'T KNOW WHICH ONES WILL BE HELD AT THE TIME OF THE SELL. So, you can't set all of the scores above 60 to PositionScore + 100. If you do that and the scores change to the following during the sell -

A - 70

B - 80

C - 61

D - 67

E - 62

Then, C would be replaced with D.
In any case, a symbol specific scorenorotate enhancement to AmiBroker will help.  Maybe in time we will be able to know if we own or don't own a symbol on a particular date.  This would be even better as we would be able to code stuff like 'hold minimum days" like the FastTrack folks can do now via Trade.

Regards and I look forward to your reply,

Bert
Tomasz Janeczko <amibroker@xxxxxx> wrote:
Bert,

It seems you have skipped my reply, so here it is again:

If you don't want to sell, just set the PositionScore to a some high number
(let's say 500) that is higher than your normal scores. That's it.

PositionScore = ... your regular code...
PositionScore = IIF( RSIStoch > 50, 500, PositionScore );
/* 500 is used here, but you can use any value higher than your regular score to prevent selling */

and for the merit of scoreNoRotate - it is used for global market timing - to stop rotation
on certain global conditions.

Best regards,
Tomasz Janeczko
amibroker.com